10 Cool Command Line Tools For Your Linux Terminal
- Wikit. Wikit is a command line utility to search Wikipedia in Linux. ...
- Googler. Googler is a full-featured Python-based command line tool for accessing Google (Web & News) and Google Site Search within the Linux terminal. ...
- Browsh. ...
- Lolcat. ...
- Boxes. ...
- Figlet and Toilet. ...
- Trash-cli. ...
- No More Secrets.
- Which is the best CLI?
- How do I browse the Web in Linux terminal?
- Which software is used for Linux command?
- What is a CLI tool?
- What are different command line tools?
- How do I create a command line tool?
- How do I use Web browser in terminal?
- How do I run a browser in Linux?
- What web browser can I use with Linux?
- What are the 5 basic components of Linux?
- Is Linux a kernel or OS?
- Is Windows 10 better than Linux?
Which is the best CLI?
As I started using Linux I realized that in most cases, GUI apps are just a frontend to a CLI interface So why not use those features directly.
- TLDR (https://tldr.sh/) ...
- jq (https://stedolan.github.io/jq/) ...
- httpie (https://httpie.org/) ...
- python3 -m http. ...
- pbcopy. ...
- ngrok (https://ngrok.com/) ...
How do I browse the Web in Linux terminal?
Browsing the web from Linux terminal with lynx:
When you reach the section, you want to browse into, just press ENTER. If you want to go back to the previous page you can press your left arrow key on your keyboard, to go forward press the right arrow key on the keyboard.
Which software is used for Linux command?
A program called the bash shell usually provides the Linux command line. There have been multiple shells developed over time as Linux has grown. Red Hat Linux utilizes the GNU Bourne-Again Shell.
What is a CLI tool?
CLI is a command line program that accepts text input to execute operating system functions. ... However, CLI is still used by software developers and system administrators to configure computers, install software, and access features that are not available in the graphical interface.
What are different command line tools?
Windows Command-line Tools bookmark_border
- Table of contents.
- PowerShell (shell)
- PSReadLine (console editing helpers)
- ConEmu (console host)
- Chocolatey (package manager)
- Babun (Cygwin preconfigured)
- Further Reading.
How do I create a command line tool?
What We're Going to Build: ginit
- initialize the local repository by running git init.
- create a remote repository, for example on GitHub or Bitbucket — typically by leaving the command line and firing up a web browser.
- add the remote.
- create a . ...
- add your project files.
- commit the initial set of files.
How do I use Web browser in terminal?
- to open a webpage simply type in a terminal window: w3m <url_of_the_webpage>
- to open a new page: type Shift -U.
- to go back one page: Shift -B.
- open a new tab: Shift -T.
How do I run a browser in Linux?
You can open it through the Dash or by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut. You can then install one of the following popular tools in order to browse the internet through the command line: The w3m Tool. The Lynx Tool.
What web browser can I use with Linux?
It is widely accepted as one of default browser which can be found in almost all systems, with mostly positive reviews.
- Google Chrome Browser for Linux.
- Firefox Browser for Linux.
- Opera Browser for Linux.
- Vivaldi Browser for Linux.
- Chromium Browser for Linux.
- Midori Browser for Linux.
- Falkon Browser for Linux.
What are the 5 basic components of Linux?
Components of Linux System
- Kernel − Kernel is the core part of Linux. ...
- System Library − System libraries are special functions or programs using which application programs or system utilities accesses Kernel's features. ...
- System Utility − System Utility programs are responsible to do specialized, individual level tasks.
Is Linux a kernel or OS?
Linux, in its nature, is not an operating system; it's a Kernel. The Kernel is part of the operating system – And the most crucial. For it to be an OS, it is supplied with GNU software and other additions giving us the name GNU/Linux. Linus Torvalds made Linux open source in 1992, one year after it's creation.
Is Windows 10 better than Linux?
Linux and Windows Performance Comparison
Linux has a reputation for being fast and smooth while Windows 10 is known to become slow and slow over time. Linux runs faster than Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 along with a modern desktop environment and qualities of the operating system while windows are slow on older hardware.